CONTEMPORARY DANCE WORKSHOP with Oniin Dance Company, Italy
Conducted by Artistic Director and choreographer, Daniela Rapisarda and Principal Dancer and choreographer Alessandro Vacca from Oniin Dance Company, Italy.
The workshops are based on the knowledge and research of the burdens and laws of dance. A Highly creative, expressive and inspirational journey into a new realm of modern dance.
- An holistic warming of the body and joints, general muscle strengthening and stretching.
- Introduction to the supporting elements of style and technique
- The transition from open and closed positions
- The slide and its uses in choreography
- Natural positions of the body
- Introduction to floor work and its supporting elements such as contact with the floor and it’s use as an instrument for high elevation
- The natural approach to air work, using air as a real and tangible medium of the surrounding space
- Contact of the body and it's use as a lever to minimize effort.
The fusion of all the above elements - the incorporation of choreographed movements - dynamic and strong alternating with sinuous fluidity - a perfect interaction with the space and musical interpretation.